Site work at the elementary school and middle school campus included:
- Significant improvements to vehicular and pedestrian circulation, providing a safe walkable environment for children.
- Drainage and landscaping improvements.
- Renovation of a baseball field and other multipurpose athletic fields.
- Unique features included separate bus/student drop-off areas, additional parking, neighborhood walks, innovative storm water management, and site amenities at building entrances.
- Sustainable site design features (storm water, porous pavement, rain garden, landscaping) were incorporated to assist in achieving LEED Certification.
- Unique health and safety site improvements, some following NYSDOT, NYSDEC, and SEQRA regulatory requirements, were successfully implemented.
- Multi-phased project, completed in 2012.
$1.7 million approximate site construction cost for circulation and overall drainage improvements at two elementary/middle school campuses, and site improvements at four other school campuses.
- Site design included separate bus/student drop-off areas, traffic calming control measures, pedestrian friendly access routes, retaining walls for utility/service improvements, and landscaping.
- Storm water management strategies requiring NYSDEC Permit approvals included porous pavement, subsurface storage/infiltration chambers, and a subsurface structural cell system in tree planted areas to promote growth and provide storage/infiltration.
- Project was completed in 2014.