Education & Associations
- State University of New York, College of Environmental Science and Forestry, Syracuse, New York, Bachelors Degree in Landscape Architecture, 1982
- Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, Bachelors of Arts—Biology Major, 1977
- Accredited Continuing Education Courses in Storm Water Management
- Dale Carnegie Sales Seminar
- Member, American Society of Landscape Architecture (ASLA)
- CLARB Certified
- NYS CLA Board Member
- New York State Turfgrass Association
- Planning Board Member, Village of Liverpool
I joined the Appel Osborne team
before there was an Appel Osborne. I joined the firm (then called Obrist and Appel) in 1988 after 10 years or so working in the design build arena in Rochester, NY. I was tired of working 12 hours a day 6 days a week. Imagine that! I guess there's a difference between working a job and loving your work.
My goals are
to work with the next generation at Appel Osborne so they may do great work, serve our clients well, and take the firm to greater heights.
Words to live by
"You've got to go out on a limb sometimes because that's where the fruit is." - Will Rogers (and a fortune cookie I had once)
In addition to Landscape Architecture, I enjoy…
sailing, wine making, cooking (but not for myself), hiking and camping.