Education & Associations
- State University of New York, College of Environmental Science and Forestry, Syracuse, New York, Bachelor's Degree in Landscape Architecture, 1985
- Canton College, Canton, New York, Associates Degree in Arts and Science, 1982
- Member, American Society of Landscape Architecture (ASLA)
- Affiliate Member, American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- New York Upstate Chapter ASLA, Treasurer
I joined the Appel Osborne team
back in 1996, (then known as Appel Goff Associates) for an opportunity to learn and use AutoCAD, which, at the time, was the design profession's newest "tool". Today, AutoCAD is an impressive tool and the dominant platform in how we practice the profession and create contract documents. I may be the only remaining person at Appel Osborne who still drafts and sketches by hand!
My goals are
as a partner, to mentor the younger staff and offer my experiences to train the next generation of Associates and Partners.
Words to live by
A favorite fortune cookie message that I have read is: "Talk does not cook rice." To me, it implies that complaining about something you don't like will not yield results, rather actions will create change.
In addition to Landscape Architecture, I enjoy…
reading and learning about American history.